GSCC Member Organization
3820 NE 92nd Street
Seattle, WA 98115
(Fee includes music but not folder. Members also sell 3-5 tickets to annual fund-raising concert.)
(Rehearsals are 2 hours including a short break)
The Emerald City Women’s Chorus is a non-audition chorus in north Seattle for women of all ages who love to sing for the joy of it. Our chorus is a supportive community of singers who sing a mix of 3 and 4 part music and a variety of genres, including contemporary, classical, folk and rock ‘n roll. Besides having fun, we continually strive for an excellent sound.
Our chorus is directed by Stacia Cumberland and accompanied by Tom Hecker. We are affiliated with Music Center of the Northwest who manages our finances.
We have three sessions during the year:
- Ten-week fall session beginning in late September,
- Ten-week winter session beginning in mid-January, and
- Seven-week spring session beginning in mid-April.
Each session culminates with a concert open to the community. Our annual fund-raising concert is in March.
Rehearsals are held at the Wedgwood Community Church (8201 30th Avenue NE - lower level) in north Seattle on Monday nights, 7:30-9:30 p.m.
We invite women of all ages and voice parts to join our chorus. Prospective members are welcome to attend a rehearsal, at no cost, to try us out. Please come at 7:15 p.m. to talk with our director about which voice part would be best for you.
Our calendar and fees for the 2018-19 chorus year are:
- Rehearsals: September 24 - November 26
- Concert: December 2 at 2:00 pm (with a possible second concert to be determined)
- Fee: $117
- Rehearsals: January 14 - March 18
- Concert: March 24 at 2:00 pm (fund-raising concert - members sell tickets)
- Fee: $117
- Rehearsals: April 15 - May 27
- Concert: June 2 at 2:30 pm
- Fee: $80