GSCC Member Organization
901 N 96th Street
Seattle, WA 98103
(Fee includes music but not folder. Members also sell 3-5 tickets to annual fund-raising concert.)
(Rehearsals are 2 hours including a short break)
The Emerald City Women’s Chorus is a non-audition chorus in north Seattle for women of all ages who love to sing for the joy of it. Our chorus is a supportive community of singers who sing a mix of 3 and 4 part music and a variety of genres, including contemporary, classical, folk and rock ‘n roll. Besides having fun, we continually strive for an excellent sound.
Our chorus is directed by Stacia Cumberland and accompanied by Tom Hecker. We are affiliated with Music Center of the Northwest who manages our finances.
We have three sessions during the year:
- Ten-week fall session beginning in late September,
- Ten-week winter session beginning in mid-January, and
- Seven-week spring session beginning in mid-April.
Each session culminates with a concert open to the community. Our annual fund-raising concert is in March.
Rehearsals are held at the OneLife Community Church (3524 NE 95th Street - lower level) in north Seattle on Monday nights, 7:30-9:30 p.m.
We invite women of all ages and voice parts to join our chorus. We accept new members for the first three rehearsals of each quarter. Prospective members are welcome to attend a rehearsal, at no cost, to try us out. Prospective members must RSVP to EmeraldCityWomensChorus@gmail.com to let us know which rehearsal they would like to attend. We will respond by email to confirm or suggest another time that would be better for the chorus.
Our calendar and fees for the 2019-20 chorus year are:
- Rehearsals: September 30 - December 2
- Concert: December 8 at 2:00 pm with a possible second concert to be determined
- Fee: $117
- Rehearsals: January 13 - March 16
- Concert: March 22 at 2:00 pm (fund-raising concert - members sell tickets) with a possible second concert to be determined
- Fee: $117
- Rehearsals: April 20 - June 1
- Concert: June 7 at 2:00 pm
- Fee: $80
For more information:
- Website: https://www.musiccenternw.org/ecwc
- Email: EmeraldCityWomensChorus@gmail.com
- Facebook: @EmeraldCityWomensChorus
- Phone: 206-526-8443 (leave a message with Music Center of the Northwest and an Emerald City Women's Chorus member will return your call)