Membership in the Greater Seattle Choral Consortium
The Greater Seattle Choral Consortium serves its members through a variety of benefits that reflects our mission to promote choral music in our region. Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Online Calendar: A comprehensive listing of all the concerts and events hosted by each of our member organizations. Member and event information is kept up to date by each member through our online GIGS system.
- Member and Event Pages: Each choral member receives a page on this website. In addition, each event registered in our database also receives a page that is linked to from our online calendar.
- Concert Listing: The Concert Listing provides promotion of your concerts in other member organizations’ concert programs through this shared insert. It is revised twice a year, in September and January.
- Social Media Marketing: All member concert events are advertised via both Facebook and Twitter. In addition, we regularly promote “featured members” to help raise awareness of all our member organizations.
Members can engage in conversations via our email distribution list email@example.com.
Ongoing topics of interest may include:
- rehearsal and performance space information
- public relations and advertising
- audience development
- ticket discounts for members of the Greater Seattle Choral Consortium
The minimum requirements for membership in the Greater Seattle Choral Consortium include the following:
- Annual Dues: Dues are currently $50 for Choral Members and $25 for non-voting Associate Members. Dues are due on January 1 of each year. Dues will be accepted anytime after September 1 of the previous year. You will receive an invoice and reminder from the GSCC Treasurer several weeks before dues are due.
- Distribution of Concert Listing: All Choral Members are required to make printed Concert Listings available at each main stage concert. Concert Listings can be either incorporated into your program directly, or made available in conjunction with a quarter-page advertisement in your program.
- Website Badges: All member organizations are asked to include a small “badge,” or graphic, on their website, indicating that they are proud members of the Greater Seattle Choral Consortium.
- Keeping Organization Information Up To Date: Each Choral Member will be responsible for designating one or more contacts from their organization whose responsibility is to keep the organization's information up to date in our GIGS database. All member contacts will have access to the GIGS database system and any GSCC members-only content.
- Annual Meeting Attendance: The Annual Meeting of the Greater Seattle Choral Consortium is typically held in January. Choral Members are asked to send one representative (i.e., one of the designated contacts) to the Annual Meeting.
Please remember that the Greater Seattle Choral Consortium is a volunteer organization. The success of our mission can only be achieved through your ongoing cooperation and enthusiasm!
How to Join
Choral Membership is available to any independent organization active in the performance of choral music. All member choirs must be legally located in Washington State, and must hold their rehearsals and main-stage concerts within the geographic area bounded by the Cascade Mountains, the Pacific Ocean, Bellingham, and Olympia.
We also offer Associate Memberships to individuals and other entities affiliated with the choral community.
- Dues for Choral Members are $50 per year.
- Dues for Associate Members are $25.
Choirs or individuals wishing to join the Greater Seattle Choral Consortium should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for/Renew Your Membership Online
To apply for membership or renew your membership, use our online application and payment system.