About the GSCC
Founded in 2010, the Greater Seattle Choral Consortium (GSCC) brings together 92 of the Seattle area’s premiere choral arts organizations in the spirit of cooperation and collegiality. Together the members of the Consortium work to share resources, offer advice, and support each other’s efforts to bring choral music to singers and audiences throughout the greater Seattle region.
Find out more:
Our mission is to promote the choral art in the greater Seattle area through collaboration, public awareness, and performance.
We envision a region of thriving choral ensembles that enrich our greater Seattle communities.
As a further refinement of our mission and vision, the GSCC board of directors considers the following three “pillars” as fundamental to our actions:
- Foster collaboration and connectivity between member organizations
- Connect singers and audiences to choral music
- Inspire the next generation of choral singers
The Greater Seattle Choral Consortium serves its members through a variety of benefits that reflect our mission to promote choral music in our region. Benefits of joining include:
- Shared Marketing: Between our online calendar, our new passport program, plus our social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, and X/Twitter, we work actively to promote your events to a broad audience.
- Finding New Singers: As a GSCC member, your choir will be featured on our Choir Finder page, which has proven to be a very effective way to bring in new singers.
- Seattle Sings events: Member choirs have the exclusive opportunity to participate in our high-profile region-wide events such as festivals and big sings.
- Member Mailing List: Plug into a large network of your peer organizations via our mailing list and tap into the collective knowledge of our local choral community.
- Member Exclusives: Members also gain access to our Sunday Session talks, our massive venues database, a concert scheduler tool, and more.
Choral Membership ($50/year) is available to any independent organization active in the performance of choral music. All member choirs must be legally located in Washington State, and must hold their rehearsals and main-stage concerts within the geographic area bounded by the Cascade Mountains, the Pacific Ocean, Bellingham, and Olympia.
We also offer Associate Memberships ($25/year) to individuals and other entities affiliated with the choral community.
Donate to the GSCC
The Greater Seattle Choral Consortium is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Click the button above to contribute to the GSCC online via PayPal. You can also use the URL https://seattlesings.org/donate to visit our dedicated donations page.
Board of Directors
Meet the Greater Seattle Choral Consortium board of directors! Members of the Board of Directors are elected each year at the Annual Meeting to 2-year terms.