Greater Seattle Choral Consortium
Our mission is to promote the choral art in the greater Seattle area through cooperation, public awareness, and performance. We envision a region of thriving choral ensembles that enrich our community through shared resources and inspired artistry. The member choirs of the Consortium have come together to strengthen and promote the First Art through collaboration, collegiality, and cooperation.
To learn more about our members, who we are, and how to join, use the green navigation bar above, or follow the links below:
- GSCC Members — view a list of who our current members are in each region
- GSCC Membership — details about member benefits, responsibilities, and requirements, or pay your dues online
- GSCC Contacts — email addresses, Facebook and Twitter links, and a list of current board members
- GIGS — member access to the GSCC Information Gathering Service
- Members-Only Area — various resources available only to our members
Latest GSCC News
Announcing our Youth Choral Education Fund Winners
The Greater Seattle Choral Consortium is happy to announce the recipients of the 2016–2017 Youth Choral Education Fund.
- Rainier Youth Chorus will be developing a section of their “Vocina” choir at Kent Elementary, under Karen Martin. The funds from GSCC will be used to provide registration and uniform funds for 9 singers who would otherwise be unable to participate financially.
- Lochburn Middle School, under Sarah Edwards, will be using their grant to purchase choral music, provide uniforms, and fund field trips for its choirs. The school has a high population of students who qualify for free/reduced lunch, and a wonderfully diverse student body.
- The choral program at Baker Middle School, under David Ferguson, will be augmenting their choral library, affording an accompanist, and inviting clinicians to work with its choirs.
The GSCC board is thrilled to infuse these worthy programs with funds to enhance their students’ experience of choir.